1 Winthrop Street, South Hamilton MA 01982
Parrott Equine Associates • 1 Winthrop Street • P.O. Box 298 • Hamilton MA 01982 • (978)468-6307
- Day 14 - 16 post breeding
- Rhino vaccine at 5, 7, and 9 months
- All other vaccines at 10 months (+/- Rabies)
- Alternate between Pyrantel Pamoate (Strongid Paste) and Ivermectin Paste every 6-8 weeks.
- At 10 months deworm with Ivermectin Paste.
- DO NOT use Moxidectin (Quest), Ivermectin/Praziquantel (Equimax), or Fenbendazole (Panacur Power Pack) during pregnancy.
Foal IgG Test:
The foal should have an IgG test at 12 - 24 hours old. At this time the mare and foal will be examined to ensure they are in good health and a vaccination schedule for the foal can be discussed with the veterinarian.
The normal equine gestation period is 344 days, although this may vary depending on the mare.