1 Winthrop Street, South Hamilton MA 01982
Parrott Equine Associates • 1 Winthrop Street • P.O. Box 298 • Hamilton MA 01982 • (978)468-6307
Foal Vaccination Schedule:
(Based on AAEP Guidelines)
- All boosters should be scheduled approx 4 weeks after initial dose.
- All vaccines are series of 2 immunizations (initial and 1 booster), except Strangles IN, which has 3 (initial and 2 boosters)
- Yearlings then go on annual schedule after their 12 month vaccines.
Strangles IN 1
Strangles IN 2
Strangles IN 3
Not ALL foals need ALL vaccines, optional risk-based vaccines are FR, PHF, and Strangles. Core required vaccines are Rabies, WNV/T/E. Criteria for vaccination for FR, PHF, and Strangles are listed below.
- FR & Strangles: should be vaccinated if traveling, showing, living at a barn with large numbers of horses traveling, showing. Risk is coming into contact with large numbers of horses other than those kept on the farm.
- PHF: should be vaccinated if there is standing water on or near the property. Mayflies that breed in and around standing water transmit the disease.
West Nile Virus Vaccine
Tetanus Toxoid Vaccine
Encephalomyelitis Vaccine (Eastern & Western Sub Types)
Equine Rhinopneumonitis-Influenza Vaccine
Streptococcus Equi Vaccine (IN=Intra Nasal)